Did you survive the recent storms and power outage without any problems? Are you ready for the next one?
South Haven Fire Department wants you to Gear up and Get Ready. Gear Up and Get Ready is an initiative in the Greater Chicago Area to make sure citizens are prepared and have a plan should disaster strike. Whether a tornado, blizzard, flood or fire you and your family need to do some preparation ahead of time to make things smoother should disaster strike.
Goto the Gear up and Get Ready website to download a Family Emergency Plan an Emergency Kit content’s list and an Emergency Contacts Card that you can keep in your wallet or purse.
Do you have pets or someone in your home with disabilities? Have you thought how to handle their special needs in the event of a major emergency? Planning for Pets Prepare for Emergencies Now: People with Disabilities
Prepare now, because you never know when the next emergency will come.
Porter County GIVE DAY is a one-day giving holiday that provides nonprofits with an opportunity to gain exposure and begin relationships with new donors, and for people in Porter County to come together to raise as much money as possible to youth programs. The event is online and will take place November 7, 2013 from 12:01 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. The Porter County Community Foundation will raise funds from a group of generous donors to create a match pool to match GIVE Day donations on a pro rated basis.
The non-profit organizations that will benefit from Porter County Give Day are:
- A Positive Approach to Teen Health (PATH, Inc.)
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Porter County
- Calumet Council Boy Scouts of America
- Can’t Decide
- Challenger Learning Center
- Chasing Dreams
- Duneland Family YMCA
- Dunes Learning Center
- Family & Youth Services Bureau
- Family House
- Friends of Portage Township Foundation
- Girl Scouts of Greater Chicago and Northwest Indiana
- Hilltop Neighborhood House
- Jacob’s Ladder
- LaSalle Council, Boy Scouts of America
- Parents as Teachers of Porter County
- Portage Parks and Recreation Foundation
- Portage Township YMCA
- Porter County 4-H Council
- Porter County Association for Handicapped Children and Adults
- Reins of Life
- Valparaiso Family YMCA
- Valpo Parks Foundation – Valplayso
- Visiting Nurse Association of Porter County – Phoenix Center
Many of these organizations are active in the South Haven/Portage Township area. Please do what you can to help them.
This is a picture from the final game of the Honor Guard’s paintball event.
Have you seen our newest engine going down the street to a call? Or maybe you’ve seen it in a local parade or outside the station. Have you ever thought, “Man, I want one of those”?
Well now you can! Clink on the link below to download you very own paper model of Engine 2710. Print the PDF file out on paper (or cardstock), follow the instructions and you to can have your very own desktop sized fire truck.
Paper Model 2710